Elementary School Counselor – Reedsport School District
Reedsport School District is accepting applications for an Elementary School Counselor.
This position, under the general supervision of the school principal, focuses on improving student success in academics, behavior and social skills through implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
**PLEASE NOTE** For current Reedsport School District employees, in the beginning of the application process, please select “YES” when asked if you are an ESD employee. It is only by selecting YES that you will be able to fill out a condensed version of the application.
- Competitive salary ($42,613 – $78,409 per year)
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% PERS
- Excellent benefit package
Reedsport School District is a small, pleasant school along the Oregon Coast. We invite you to join the Reedsport School District where the staff collaborate and partner together to help every student succeed.
Full job description is attached to this job posting in Applitrack.
- Provide individual and group counseling, consultation, referral, crisis counseling, and facilitation of peer-focused conflict resolution.
- Create behavior support plans (BIP) based on observations and Functional Behavior Assessments.
- Work closely with the on-site behavior specialist, and actively communicate with the Student Support Team (SST), and coordinate with community resources and agencies.
- Serve as a resource pertaining to student behavior management strategies, welfare and attendance problems and concerns.
- Meets, confers, and counsels with parents, school personnel, and members of various youth serving agencies in developing alternative solutions to student educational, social, and emotional problems and concerns.
- Planning and development of 504 case management.
- Assist students and staff in understanding and seeking solutions to social, emotional, or academic problems and issues; serve as a resource pertaining to student behavior management strategies, and welfare and attendance problems and concerns.
- Ensure each student receives equitable access and opportunities to participate and be successful in school programs utilizing appropriate support services.
- Applicant must have a current Oregon Counseling License.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrate effective counseling strategies and knowledge of the state Guidance and Counseling Framework.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a first aid card.
- Previous experience in the counseling field working with elementary-age children.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Have a working knowledge of state child abuse laws and reporting requirements.
Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Reedsport SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.