Food Service Director – Reedsport School District
Reedsport School District is accepting applications for a Food Service Director.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
** NOTE: For current employees of Reedsport School District interested in applying – in the beginning of the application process, please select “YES” when asked if you are an ESD employee. It is only by selecting YES that you will be able to complete a condensed version of the application
SALARY: $63,570 – $74,000 (depending on verifiable relevant experience)
DAYS/HOURS: 8 hours per day / 5 days per week (240 days per year)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree, or higher, in related field and two years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Demonstrated customer service experience and cultivating positive vendor relationships, experience working within a public education system, and experience with Federal and State nutrition service laws, procedures and standards.
The Food Service Director performs a wide variety of duties relating to the operation of the Food Service Program. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing, and accounting for the operation of the program. The Director is responsible for purchasing food supplies, preparing monthly menus, maintaining nutrition standards and portion control, supervising department personnel and dealing directly with vendors for purchasing food and supplies. Must be knowledgeable of menu planning, child nutrition program requirements, food production, work scheduling, safety, sanitation, and cost analysis.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job. FULL JOB DESCRIPTION IS ATTACHED
- Plan, organize, lead, manage and supervise all aspects of the Food Service Program.
- Maintain knowledge and comply with all applicable district, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and laws.
- Ensure compliance with rules, regulations and reporting pertaining to various federal school nutrition programs, including the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Breakfast after the Bell (BAtB), Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Program (FFVP), At-Risk Afterschool Meals (referred to as the “supper program”) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Responds effectively to any identified deficiencies.
- Manage Food Service related duties which include staff training, scheduling, site monitoring, document verification and review, menu development, and site communication.
- Be able to write policy, develop and implement repeatable procedures for consistent results. File end of month reporting to multiple agencies through on-line portals. Capable of locating, applying for and managing grants.
- Write menus that meet the nutritional guidelines of the USDA and that are popular with students. Develop products and menus that meet the US Dietary Guidelines. Standardize all department recipes and portions. Develop unique ways to promote the selection of healthy foods.
- Select, purchase, and control all needed supplies, foods, and equipment. Coordinate and maximize the use of USDA commodity products. Make a “good faith” effort to operate the program on at least a break-even basis. Recommend pricing of products.
Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Reedsport SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.