Part-Time High School Electives Teacher– Reedsport School District
Project Lead the Way (PLTW), Criminal Justice, Spanish
Reedsport School District is accepting applications for a Part-time High School Electives Teacher for Reedsport Charter Community School. This position will start at the beginning of the 2023-24 school year.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
** NOTE: For current employees of Reedsport School District interested in applying – in the beginning of the application process, please select “YES” when asked if you are an ESD employee. It is only by selecting YES that you will be able to complete a condensed version of the application.
- Competitive salary (based on a full year salary of $42,613 – $78,409 – will be prorated based on the part time status)
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% PERS
- Excellent benefit package
Reedsport School District is a small, pleasant school along the Oregon Coast. We invite you to join the Reedsport School District where the staff collaborate and partner together to help every student succeed.
- Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Teaching Certificate, with subject area endorsement and grade level authorization or ability to obtain a Charter Registry Teaching License.
- Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
- Ability to develop lessons that prepare students for academic and social success.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- A positive role model for the school/community.
Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Reedsport SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.