Summer School Instructional Assistant
Reedsport School District
Interested candidates can begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
** NOTE: For current employees of Reedsport School District interested in applying – in the beginning of the application process, please select “YES” when asked if you are an ESD employee. It is only by selecting YES that you will be able to see this job ID to apply to.
Reedsport School District seeks qualified applicants for an Instructional Assistantfor a temporary assignment to assist with Summer School for the elementary school in June.
Days/Hours: June 21st – June 30th (Monday through Thursday) – 7 hours per day (8:00 a – 3:00 p)
Salary/Pay Rate: $15.09 – $19.80 per hour
Under general supervision of the building administrator/teacher the Instructional Assistant will perform a wide variety of clerical and instructional duties.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Assists students in their understanding of instructional concepts by re-emphasizing the basic elements of teacher directed activities.
- Provides students with additional practice on identified skill areas, as per the teacher’s guidance.
- Assists with the correction of student work under a teacher’s direction.
- Following the teacher’s guidance, keeps records and charts of individual students.
- Assists with the supervision of students both inside and outside of the classroom as appropriate.
- Assists with preparation of teaching aids and materials.
Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by the district regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veterans’ status, genetic information and disability if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.