Reedsport School District
Mr. Jon Zwemke, Superintendent
Youth Transition Program Coordinator
Reedsport School District seeks qualified applicants for a Youth Transition Program Coordinator position.
Salary/Pay Rate: $15.91 – $18.16 per hour
Days/Hours: 4 hours per day/4 days per week (184 days per year)
Under the general supervision of the building administrator / Special Education case manager, the Transition Specialist will coordinate, plan, and implement the Youth Transition Program (YTP) School to Work Program for the Reedsport School District. This work is done in collaboration with the Reedsport High School Special Education team to identify community work sites that provide qualified students the opportunity to gain meaningful employment skills within a structured work setting. The Transition Specialist will also work with the High School Special Education team to facilitate the provision of Pre-Employment Transition services for all students with disabilities at Reedsport Community Charter School.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Identifying and referring participating students to Vocational Rehabilitation; and, as necessary or as requesting by VR, assisting VR in referring students to other employment-related sources of assistance.
- Gathering and providing school documentation of each student’s disability, key information, and other relevant information that can be found in the student’s Summary of Performance and/or IEP to assist VR in determining the student’s eligibility for VR services and identifying individual vocational goals and supports; and coordinating student’s IEP’s and Individualized Plans for Employment transition activities and services with VR.
- Assisting students with VR application to acquire transportation in order to keep appointments to assess their eligibility and determine their priority for services Assist with transportation for non-waitlisted Participants in order to keep appointments to access Independent Plan for Employment services.
- Coordinating with VR and participating students for additional disability assessment or career exploration activities needed to develop the Individual Plan for Employment
- Assisting students in the completion of vocational and interest assessments and identifying transition and career-skill readiness deficits to be defined in students’ Individual Plan for Employment.
Complete an application by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by the district regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veterans’ status, genetic information and disability if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.