Looking for an amazing opportunity?
Join the Reedsport School District Community!
Special Education Teacher
Reedsport School District
Join the Reedsport School District community!!
- Competitive salary
- 190 days per year
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% PERS
- Excellent benefit package
The Reedsport School District will hire a full-time licensed teacher to work with special needs students in a classroom setting. The primary responsibility for this position is to teach Communication Skills, Social Skills, Functional Academics, Self-Management, Home Living Skills, Community Access Skills, and Vocational Skills to a small group of students in a public school setting. The teacher will be supported with not less than two, full-time instructional assistants and the District will provide clerical support staff.
Reedsport School District is a small, pleasant school along the Oregon Coast. We invite you to join the Reedsport School District where the staff collaborate and partner together to help every student succeed.
- Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Teaching Certificate, with subject area endorsement and grade level authorization.
- Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
- Ability to develop lessons that prepare students for academic and social success.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- A positive role model for the school/community.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Reedsport SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.