Special Education Teacher
Highland Elementary School
Have considered teaching as a career and do you have an interest in Special Education? We have a Grow Your Own opportunity for you!
Join the Reedsport School District community!!
- Competitive salary
- 190 days per year
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% PERS
- Excellent benefit package
The Reedsport School District will hire a full-time Special Education teacher to work with special needs students in a classroom setting. The primary responsibility for this position is to teach Communication Skills, Social Skills, Functional Academics, Self-Management, Home Living Skills, Community Access Skills, and Vocational Skills to a small group of students in a 7-12 public school setting. The teacher will be supported with instructional assistants and the District will provide clerical support staff.
Reedsport School District is a small, pleasant school along the Oregon Coast. We invite you to join the Reedsport School District where the staff collaborate and partner together to help every student succeed.
- Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Teaching Certificate, with subject area endorsement and grade level authorization.
- Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
- Ability to develop lessons that prepare students for academic and social success.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- A positive role model for the school/community.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement, or click **HERE**.
Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Reedsport SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.